Growing Bonsai Indoors
An introduction to beautiful tropical and subtropical bonsai that can thrive inside your home year-round.
Tailored to the needs of first-time bonsai growers, this hands-on guide explains step-by-step how to make indoor bonsai flourish. You’ll find a thorough overview of the most common bonsai styles—fully illustrated with color photos and line drawings—along with advice on wiring and pruning from renowned experts. This handy guide also serves as a helpful reference for buying bonsai and connecting with other enthusiasts locally and around the world.
- Portraits of 24 great trees for indoors with detailed tips for growing and styling
- Illustrated introduction to bonsai styles
- Basics of indoor bonsai care: watering, fertilizing, ventilation, and humidity
- Step-by-step instructions for repotting and root pruning
- Essential bonsai pruning and wiring techniques
- Disease prevention and least-toxic pest management, and more