The Best Apples to Buy and Grow
Your indispensable field guide to the crispy, crunchy, intensely flavorful apples increasingly available at supermarkets, farmer's markets, farm stands, and orchards. Use this handbook to discover some of the tastiest antique and modern varieties, and how to use them for cooking, baking, cider making, or eating fresh.
- A beautifully illustrated guide to 60 antique and modern apples
- Tasting notes for each variety
- The best apples for cider and pie
- The fascinating story of apple cultivation in North America
- Practical tips for growing apples at home, including an apple hedge for a small space
- Mail-order sources and more
Table of Contents from The Best Apples to Buy and Grow.