The Gardener's Guide to Growing Orchids
Contrary to conventional wisdom, there is no magic recipe for growing orchids. The key to growing spectacular tropical orchids indoors lies in identifying the needs of individual plants and finding the combination of conditions that makes them thrive—from amenable potting mixtures to adequate humidity levels. This volume, a companion to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden handbook The Best Orchids for Indoors, provides an in-depth look at the basics of successful orchid growing, whether you are cultivating a few plants on a windowsill or nurturing an ever-expanding collection in a greenhouse or under lights.
- Tips on watering, potting, fertilizing, and more
- Growing orchids under lights
- How to propagate your orchids
- How to create a hybrid
- Nontoxic controls for orchid diseases and pests
- How to show your orchids
- Mail-order sources for plants and supplies, and more
Table of Contents from The Gardener's Guide to Growing Orchids.