A wake-up call from the climate
Gardeners can make a difference! This step-by-step guide to offsetting climate change through gardens and landscaping explains what happens when the atmospheric balance of carbon and nitrogen goes awry, and how plants, soil, and synthetic gardening aids (such as fertilizer and pesticides) affect climate.
- An introduction to climate science for gardeners
- Tips on reducing your landscape’s climate footprint and even creating a "carbon sink"
- Strategies for placing trees, shrubs, and vines to insulate and cool your home
- How to design a climate-conscious food garden
- An overview of community tree-planting, food saving, and citizen science projects