A boon for even the most artistically challenged, this book shows how to design dazzling flower borders that include beautiful shrubs, grasses, bulbs, and annuals—not just high-maintenance herbaceous perennials. Garden writer, nurseryman, and designer Bob Hyland, who has gardened on both coasts and in between, describes how you can create a gorgeous border in sun or shade and offers design styles and plant suggestions suited to North America's many diverse regions and climates.
- Beautiful mixed borders for every region
- An easy ten-step guide to designing a spectacular mixed border that's easy to maintain
- A comprehensive plant encyclopedia showcasing some 120 sensational plants, divided into sun lovers and shade lovers for easy reference
- Hands-on tips for installing a new border
- Read excerpts from Designing Borders for Sun and Shade.